Thursday 8 March 2012

Hair care... Are you washing your hair properly?

Ever feel like the salon seems to wash you hair in an amazing way that makes it clean for days and makes it feel so much better than when you do it. Me too! so I looked into how to wash your hair properly and it turns out yes I have been washing my hair, just not the way the salons do it and I want salon beautiful hair every day! so here is what I have learnt, I will pass my wisdom onto you so you too can have salon perfect hair every time!!
the tips I have for you!..:-


  • Make sure the water isn’t too hot! I know you guys know this but I just thought I should add some basic stuff too.


  • Always brush you hair before going in the shower, and of course when you wake up and before you go to bed. It may seem simple but it will reduce the amount of hair that will get clogged in your drain and it will also reduce breakage as well as stimulate circulation going in your scalp.


  • When you put shampoo on star at the roots and work your way out to the tips, I use my fingers almost like a spider and lather up the shampoo. I also must say I use a good dollop of shampoo when I do it.


  • This is a big one when washing your hair :Once you think your hair is fully lathered and you are ready to wash off, think again. give yourself a good two minute scalp massage with your fingertips, I normal do it for about 5 mins depending on how bad my fingers are that day. Don't forget circular motions!! About every 20 seconds, While doing this add just a little bit more water to your hands and work it into your hair. What you are doing is helping your shampoo so that it can work the best and doing this also improves circulation in your scalp.


  • I use 2 lots of shampoo and conditioner, so that means, wet hair, shampoo, wash off, shampoo, wash off, conditioner, wash off, conditioner, wash off. and done. I do this about once a week now but if you feel you need it more that’s fine


  • Massage with your fingertips, but not too vigorously! Do not mound hair on top of your head to scrub it, this will cause tangles. You can also use clawed fingers to get the shampoo into the scalp. Make sure you get the shampoo/conditioner everywhere on your scalp.
  • You can use a flat comb (or just use your fingers) and comb out all the knots to make it extra smooth before you use conditioner. Also I do brush my hair with conditioner in for really smooth hair.


  • Start at the tips with conditioner! and them move up to the roots. Some people don’t like to use conditioner on the roots but I do so this is of course my tips for you.


  • End with a rinse of icy cold water. I don’t do this tho but I am letting you know what I have found out! This will not prevent frizz, as you may think cold, but it will give hair shine, but I do find my hair is shiny as it is and I don’t do this. But Water acts to "close the pores" of your hair (as it does with skin), so your hair will look shinier when it dries.
Don’t forget to comment.
Enjoy!
Rachie Roo
o.O


No comments:

Post a Comment